- Approve the agenda as submitted
This meeting is available to be viewed via zoom- https://zoom.us/j/7899988843
The meeting will be called to the order, beginning with the pledge of allegiance.
So that there is agreement between board members on the agenda, and the amount of time spent on the meeting, the board shall vote to approve an agenda for the meeting. To the best of its ability, it will follow that agenda, and allow for the chair to move the board through the agenda as specified.
The Governing Board met on Thursday February 13th, 2020 @7:00 PM for what was scheduled to be a 3 hours and 12 minutes long meeting. Present: Kapinga Mukenge, April Ledom, Kanethia Henderson, Deborah Cureton, Shadeed Abdul-Salaam, Peter Vantine, Jessica Pressley-Willis, Patrick Muhammad, Samuel Wakefield
Not Present: Giff Beaton
The members considered the following items:
1. Welcome and Call to Order
2. Public Comment
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes from Jan 9, 2020
5. School Leader Report
6. PTO report
7. PTO report
8. Governance Committee Report
9. Academic Excellence Committee Report
10. People and Culture Committee Report
11. Development Committee Reports
12. Finance Committee Reports
13. Old Business
14. New Business
15. Executive Session
16. Meeting Adjournment
The committee considered 6 motions, of which 6 passed, and 0 failed:
1. Move PTO report after School leader (passed)
2. Approve the minutes as submitted (passed)
3. Motion to approve the financial monthly report by April Ledom and Deb Cureton.
Motion to approve budget adoption timeline by April Ledom and Deb Cureton.
Motion to approve additional rents by Peter Vantine and Samuel Wakefield. (passed)
4. Motion to accept the agreed upon procedures and continue to implement as a board by Samuel Wakefield and Shadeed Abdul Salaam
Approve the teacher contracts subjects to the attorney approval with the 3 proposed edits by Samuel Wakefield and Kanethia Henderson (passed)
5. Motion to go into Executive Session by April Ledom and Samuel Wakefield. (passed)
6. Motion to adjourn meeting at 9:46pm by Kanethia Henderson and Shadeed Abdul Salaam (passed)
The meeting adjourned at 9:10AM
The school leader reports on the status of the school.
Academic Excellence Committee
If not further business, the Chair ask for a motion to adjourn the meeting.