- Approve the agenda as amended
The meeting will be called to the order, beginning with the pledge of allegiance.
So that there is agreement between board members on the agenda, and the amount of time spent on the meeting, the board shall vote to approve an agenda for the meeting. To the best of its ability, it will follow that agenda, and allow for the chair to move the board through the agenda as specified.
The Governing Board met on Tuesday March 12th, 2019 @7:00 PM for what was scheduled to be a 1 hours and 55 minutes long meeting. Present: Chester Asher, Shadeed Abdul-Salaam, Blanche Bello, Giff Beaton, Jessica Pressley-Willis, Peter Vantine, April Ledom
Not Present: Sharlonne Smith, Kapinga Mukenge
The members considered the following items:
1. Welcome and Call to Order
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment
4. Reading and Approval of Minutes from the Previous Meeting
5. School Leader Report
6. Governance Committee
7. Academic Excellence Committee
8. FINANCE COMMITTEE
9. Old Business/ New Business
10. Executive Session
The committee considered 8 motions, of which 8 passed, and 0 failed:
1. Approval of Agenda (passed)
2. Motion to go into executive session (passed)
3. Motion to come out of exective Session (passed)
4. Motion to go back to a committee as a whole (passed)
5. Motion to get a proposal for Advance ED and references (passed)
6. Motion to approve proposed calendar except Saturday conferences (passed)
7. Motioned to accept proposed pay schedule (passed)
8. Motion to add Deb Curaton and Kenethia Henderson to the Board effective immediately (passed)
The meeting adjourned at 9:27PM
Our Public Comment period is for members of the public to address the board. Each member of the public may sign up to comment at the meeting, and will be allotted two minutes. The board will listen, but may not directly respond to any comments. Our meetings are open to the public and public record. As such, if your comment is about a private matter, please contact the board via email, or speak to the board chair privately.
The school leader reports on the status of the school.
School calendar approval
Board Evaluations and 2019-2020 Commitments
Upcoming GCSA assessment